Oops! The result of a carpet spill can be quite a mess and the cleanup process even more so. However, having a plan of attack for carpet stains can save you time, money, and help preserve your sanity! As providers for Houston carpet cleaning services, we have become experts in spot removal techniques. Follow these tips and be prepared for your next spill.
Remember that the best time to clean up most spots and spills is right after they occur. Be sure to pretest a small area to make sure that the fabric will not bleed or get damaged during treatment.
1. If liquid, blot up as much as possible with a clean cloth.
2. If the material is dry, loosen residue with the dull edge of a knife or spatula.
3. Scrape or vacuum up as much of the residue as you can.
4. Dampen clean cloth with the proper cleaning agent for the particular kind of spot.
5. Blot area gently, working from the outer edge to the center of the spot. Turn the cloth frequently so you are always using a clean area.
6. Repeat this process until the spot is removed or until you no longer have a transfer spot on your cloth. Be careful not to get the carpet excessively wet.
7. Blot the spot with water. Blot any excess moisture.
8. Align the carpet pile. Protect the area from any traffic and allow to dry.
Try these tips to help you get rid of your toughest carpet stains. Act quickly to increase your chances of complete spot removal. For more information on Houston carpet cleaning tips and Houston carpet cleaning service, call ServiceMaster Advantage today!